We have exciting news about dietetic internships! Four programs have agreements in place to “pre-select” The University of Alabama students into their dietetic internship.
What does that mean for you?
* You can secure an internship before computer matching and avoid the competition with DPD students from all over the country
* You will know if you have been accepted into a dietetic internship by February 1
* If applying to a program with pre-determined sites, you are more likely to get the location that you desire
* You can avoid the additional cost of computer matching
Pre-select is limited to DPD or MS in Human Nutrition students at The University of Alabama. Additionally, students must either have completed, be enrolled in, or accepted into the MS in Human Nutrition at The University of Alabama with intentions to complete the degree program to participate in pre-select with the Dietetic Internship programs listed below.
Aramark Dietetic Internship
2400 Market Street, 9th Floor
Attn: Jolene Horta
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Cyndra (Cindy) L Banta
Ms. Cyndra L Banta
Set up by internship program based on location of various accounts. Click here (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UNwHUahVMcJkTJE_BWiSlW-gQjDOQhz6/view) for a list of locations.
Keith & Associates Distance Dietetic Internship
Komplete Business Dietetic Internship
Morrison Healthcare Dietetic Internship
400 Northridge Road, Suite 600
Sandy Springs, GA 30350
Karen G Smith
Phone: (404) 845-3322
Set up by internship program based on location of various accounts. Click here (http://www.rdinternship.com/content/Rotation-Sites.aspx) for a list of locations.
What do you need to do to apply to internships participating in the pre-select agreement with UA?
1. Determine your eligibility to participate in pre-select by meeting one of the following qualifications
* Have completed or will complete your DPD verification statement at the University of Alabama prior to the first day of the dietetic internship (see program website)
* Admitted to the MS in Human Nutrition at the University of Alabama and already hold a DPD Verification statement from another university
2. Contact the program director of the program(s) which you are interested in applying for pre-select
* All programs also request notification of intent to apply and may require verification of status in UA program
3. Complete the entire DICAS application by the due date posted by the dietetic internship (contact the program director for this information)
* Notify those writing letters of recommendation of the earlier deadline
* Request your transcript(s) ASAP so that they can be posted to your DICAS account
4. If you are interested in concurrently enrolling in the MS in Human Nutrition at UA with one of our partner programs
* If you are interested in the graduate degree, click here (https://vimeo.com/651200556/0d3137912d) for a video where Human Nutrition faculty provide an overview of the Master of Science in Human Nutrition and how the online degree program is integrated in with several Dietetic Internships. Find a list of partner internships here (http://www.nhm.ches.ua.edu/dietetic-internship.html)
* Additional letters of recommendation will be required, so please let those writing letters of recommendation that they will need to write a letter for DICAS and the UA graduate school
* Other information required for graduate school: application fee, statement of purpose (can be modified from letter submitted to DICAS), language scores (non-native English speakers)
* Select the summer term
* Do NOT choose a concentration, as students will need to be in the generalist track
* Due date: January 7.
Checklist for applying for pre-select
What do I do if I am not accepted in the pre-select process?
* Apply through the D&D computer match!
* You can still apply to the program where you attempted pre-select
* Add additional programs to the ranking, if desired
For a video summary of this information, see this YouTube video: https://youtu.be/2zDaWf5bWRQ